1. Where does the ferry leave from?
When your itinerary invloves travel from the port of Piraeus, usually you may find the Gate Number the ship leaves from at the upper right portion of the hard-copy ticket.
2. How many days before departure am I able to make a booking?
Depending on the itinerary and ferry you choose, you are able to make a booking from 4 up to 7 days before departure, when booking via the online engine. We strongly recommend you consult our ticket collection page for further information on that subject.
3. Which passenger categories get a discount?
Students of Greek Educational Institutions.
4. Do round-trip tickets have a discount?
Mostly, there is no difference in price whether it’s two one-way tickets or a round-trip one. However, certain companies promote special offers if the booking is made for a round-trip ticket.
5. How many passengers and vehicles may I include in one booking?
Six (6) passengers and two (2) vehicles.
6. Am I allowed to enter a ferry with an electronic ticket?
An electronic ticket is only valid at air transport. For ferries in Greece you are required to hold a hard-copy ticket in order to board a ship.
7. From where can I collect the tickets I have already booked?
Please visit our ticket collection page here.
8. How much time before my departure, am I able to collect my tickets from the port?
Once a booking has been completed, you may collect your tickets from the shipping company’s ticketing booth, situated at the port near the gate of departure up to 1 ½ hrs before the scheduled departure. You are required to have on your person the printed voucher that was e-mailed to you when you completed your booking, containing all the needed information regarding your trip.
9. How can I pay for my ticket?
a. With Credit Card ( Visa & Master Card).
10. Do children and infants get discounts and what ages define these two categories?
a. Infants are considered children up to 5 years old. They travel free of charge but they do have to won a (null value) ticket. Please include any infants in your bookings.
11. How much time before departure should I board the ship?
At least 1 ½ hour earlier than the scheduled departure, if you take a vehicle with you.
12. Am I able to bring another car other than the one I have given the details of in my booking?
The length of the vehicle is measured by the ticket control staff of the ship during boarding time and ticket control. If the other vehicle doesn’t correspond to a more expensive ticket due to its length, usually there’s no problem in letting you board with the other car.
13. Am I able to use a ticket with another name on it?
According to Greek Law, all passenger names on tickets should be corss checked with Identification documents. If during ticket control any difference in names is noted, it is entirely on the discretion of the ship’s employee whether boarding is allowed or not.
14. What kind of documents am I required to have on my person when I board the ship?
Any legal and certified document of identification, such as your Identity Card or passport.
15. Am I allowed to travel with my pet?
You are allowed to travel with your pet; however you should align with the shipping company’s policy on pets.
16. Will I be able to board if I lose or forget my tickets?
Please be extra careful about losing or forgetting your tickets because you may not board a ship without a hard copy ticket.
17. Can I change my travel date?
Depending on the time and day of departure, you may be able to amend your travel date or make your ticket an open-dated ticket.
18. Am I able to cancel my booking and what sort of cost does that entail?
You may cancel your booking, always according to the cancellation policy of the shipping company. You are obliged to notify ferriesandtickets.com that you want to cancel your booking. In order to proceed with the cancelallation we need to have the hard copy tickets. If you have already collected your hard copy tickets, your are kindly requested to send or deliver them to our office.